Monday 21 September 2009

To J: Monday Funday

Today I was meant to do a lot. I woke up in your arms and have stayed in your arms or somehow intwined around you for approximately 8 hours. I justify this by the fact that I 'worked' on Saturday and Sunday, therefore I am allowed to be bed bound. My head feels foggy from malnourishment and having my brains (literally) fucked out. Even though my fridge is about 15 paces away at the very maximum, I can't quite bring myself to leave my warm nest of bed.
I can hear kids playing outside at the local school. Every time I awake to hear this sound my heart sinks as I know that I have managed to sleep past my alarm. I read recently in a Q&A about wht the best piece of advice someone had been given was, and it said ' always get up before midday, otherwise game over...'I couldn't agree more, but still can't bark myself into doing it. I think I have persistent authority problems with my own will.
I'm going to get up soon. The sun has already started going down. And my housemates are going to come back from work. I will not tell them very much about my day, but will conveniently omit items such as I have not left the walls of our flat, have not spoken to or seen another person apart from you and have not felt actual daylight on my skin.
I'm so hungry my stomach is starting to eat itself. The only thing I have eaten today is your body. I want more. I could probably eat more of you, but I think I need something else too. Like the Ikea meatballs sitting in the fridge, which I've been thinking about all day. And tomato sauce. And mashed potatoes. mmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment