Monday 21 September 2009

lost and found

I left my soul in your hole. I went there looking for entertainment of some sort and have left, giving more than I thought i ever would.
I know this hole, I have been here before and always wanted to escape. It is a hole of comfort and eternal denial. The denial creates the comfort, the comfort hides the denial. It is a place where souls can lose their will, where responsibility gives up the ghost and the slot in the brain called ambition can become incurably barren.
I also know the way out, but I have only ever climbed out myself, for I have only ever been there alone. Now I have a partner, a willing participant - do I have the strength to pull us both out?

The journey out is hard but the reward is great.

Please do not think that I am remorseful for our location - I enjoy the pleasures to much, I just know that for every hole, there is a hill and that for every pit that appears bottomless there is a mountain that appears endlessly high. And it's wise to experience both.

So let's start this journey together, gather the necessary tools for our trip; we'll need plans, an itinerary, a daily timetable, books, a deadline and a project. We'll need a structure and a belief that we can get out together. When we get there, we can make a new hole.

for now, let's eat meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment